Tia Muller
Tia Muller  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:35
English to French
+ ...
Jun 17, 2015

Dear Proz,

I now own Swift Create and my client has sent me a word template with the subtitles in English including the time codes (.doc). I have failed to import this document into Swift. After having spent a good hour at it, I have given up and thought I would ask if any of you knows how to do this.

Thanks!

Tia

Margarita Díaz
Margarita Díaz  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TXT Jun 18, 2015

Hello, Tia.

I don't work with Swift, but with the software I use I have a similar problem, and my solution is to copy the Word file and paste it into a .txt and then import it.

I don't know if this can help you, I hope so.

Happy subtitling!

Marga

Tia Muller
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jun 18, 2015

Thank you very much, Marga. It worked like a charm.

Best,

Tia

kmtext
kmtext
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:35
English
+ ...
Direct copy and paste works too. Jun 30, 2015

If you copy all of the text and paste it into your Swift file, you'll be asked if the text is in caption format. Click yes and Swift will import the text and timecodes as a subtitle file - assuming the timecode format is hh:mm:ss:ff.

If the timecode is formatted for .srt you should be able to open it using notepad, save it as an srt file and then import it.

Tia Muller
Spain
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. Jul 3, 2015

I'll definitely give it a try next time around.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing a word document into Swift

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »