Pilar Dueñas
Pilar Dueñas  Identity Verified
Costa Rica
Local time: 13:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 7, 2017

Hello,

I'm subtitling a video with an existing template in English.

I'm using Aegisub, and the client asks me to match up the subtitles to the very first frame in the video, which has burnt-in timecodes.

The first timecode is 00:59:58:00, and then it goes to 01:00:00:00, and from there onwards, so the "clock" for the burnt-in timecodes is set on 01:00:00:00 a couple of seconds after my timecodes.

I hope this is clear. Is there a way to start
... See more
Hello,

I'm subtitling a video with an existing template in English.

I'm using Aegisub, and the client asks me to match up the subtitles to the very first frame in the video, which has burnt-in timecodes.

The first timecode is 00:59:58:00, and then it goes to 01:00:00:00, and from there onwards, so the "clock" for the burnt-in timecodes is set on 01:00:00:00 a couple of seconds after my timecodes.

I hope this is clear. Is there a way to start the clock for my subtitles a couple of seconds after the beginning of the video?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Match up subtitles to video timecodes

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »