Problem uploading existing .srt file into Aegisub
Thread poster: Fannie Poirier
Fannie Poirier
Fannie Poirier
Canada
English to French
Mar 5, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble uploading my client's .srt file into Aegisub: the timecodes are loading into the text column, making it impossible to edit it correctly. I tried uninstalling the program and installing it again, that didn't work. Nothing seems to be wrong with the text file. I've been using this program regularly for a year and never had this problem. Can anyone help?

Thank you,

F.

Michel Virasolvy
Michel Virasolvy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:57
English to French
+ ...
Check SRT file in Subtitle Edit then edit it to ASS format with a macro Mar 6, 2019

Not sure why Aegisub's parser would go haywire. What's your version, did you update it recently? Just in case, check the source file by loading it in another subtitle editor. If the timecodes are again loaded as subtitles, there might be a formatting issue somewhere in the file (for instance a subtitle ID not properly listed). Whatever the case may be, you can always convert an SRT file into an ASS using a basic macro (jEdit is usually good enough for that kind of task).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem uploading existing .srt file into Aegisub

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »