wiki Nov 11, 2015

This might help you:
https://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Wordfast_Professional

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:38
Finnish to French
Heap size? Nov 11, 2015

If by "bottom right things" you mean the little box on the status bar that reads something like "73M of 97M", it’s the heap size, a Java thing. It usually has an impact when dealing with very large files. If the default value is not sufficient, you can increase the heap size via Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences.

If what you mean is not the heap size, then give a more accurate description of the "bottom right things", which is pretty vague.

halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:38
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Nov 11, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

If by "bottom right things" you mean the little box on the status bar that reads something like "73M of 97M", it’s the heap size, a Java thing. It usually has an impact when dealing with very large files. If the default value is not sufficient, you can increase the heap size via Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences.

If what you mean is not the heap size, then give a more accurate description of the "bottom right things", which is pretty vague.

Yes it is these boxes and i was trying to figure out a way of character count in there just like trados.

Thank you for the clarification.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:38
Finnish to French
Wordfast Pro 4 Nov 11, 2015

halit yilmaz wrote:
i was trying to figure out a way of character count in there just like trados.

The new Wordfast Pro 4 uses the status bar to display character counts for the active segment (source segment = SC, target segment = TC):

For an overview of Wordfast Pro 4, see my First steps with... video.

Wordfast Pro 3 doesn’t display that info.

halit yilmaz
halit yilmaz  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:38
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
why not the current segment source character/target character/total character left count... Nov 11, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

halit yilmaz wrote:
i was trying to figure out a way of character count in there just like trados.

The new Wordfast Pro 4 uses the status bar to display character counts for the active segment (source segment = SC, target segment = TC):

For an overview of Wordfast Pro 4, see my First steps with... video.

Wordfast Pro 3 doesn’t display that info.

why not the current segment source character/target character/total character left count...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does the bottom right things mean in Wordfast Pro

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »