Wordfast Pro: Microsoft Word preview doesn't work (anymore)
Autor vlákna: Luigi D'Acunzo
Luigi D'Acunzo
Luigi D'Acunzo
Tchaj-wan
Local time: 16:29
Člen (2011)
angličtina -> italština
+ ...
Nov 19, 2015

After I finish to translate a TXML file, I used to press the "Preview in MS Word" button in order to get a preview in Word, but now suddenly this function doesn't work anymore. When I use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+P I get the warning

""Preview in MS Word" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information. Problem while creating preview word document."

The weird thing is that it used to work with my demo version and it stopped to work after I licensed the
... See more
After I finish to translate a TXML file, I used to press the "Preview in MS Word" button in order to get a preview in Word, but now suddenly this function doesn't work anymore. When I use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+P I get the warning

""Preview in MS Word" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information. Problem while creating preview word document."

The weird thing is that it used to work with my demo version and it stopped to work after I licensed the program, but maybe this is only a coincidence.
My configuration: Wordfast Pro 3.4.5, Windows 10 and Office 365 15.0.4771 (Office 2013)
Any suggestion is welcomed.

[Modificato alle 2015-11-19 13:31 GMT]
Collapse

Sabine Winter
Sabine Winter  Identity Verified
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 03:29
Člen (2007)
angličtina -> němčina
+ ...
Works fine for me Nov 20, 2015

Hi Luigi,

I just tried this with my set-up to see what happens (I also have the fully licensed WF Pro 3.4.5 version, but still Windows XP and MS Office 2007) - works fine both via the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+P as well as via the menu options.
No idea why this happens on your end. You might want to submit a support request to Wordfast (and send them the error log), if you haven't done so already. They usually respond fairly quickly and are really helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro: Microsoft Word preview doesn't work (anymore)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »