Thread poster: Alvaro Aliaga
Alvaro Aliaga
Alvaro Aliaga  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 3, 2015

Hello everybody. I use Wordfast Pro 3 (v. 3.4.5) and have three *.txml files that I need to deliver to a client as *.sdlxliff files. Any suggestions? Nothing I've tried has worked so far and I REALLY need to deliver these files pronto!
Help is much appreciated.

Al

I ended up figuring this out on my own. Since I had finished translating using Wordfast Pro 3, all I had was TXML files. I also had the monolingual SDLXLIFF files the client sent (which I could not open
... See more
Hello everybody. I use Wordfast Pro 3 (v. 3.4.5) and have three *.txml files that I need to deliver to a client as *.sdlxliff files. Any suggestions? Nothing I've tried has worked so far and I REALLY need to deliver these files pronto!
Help is much appreciated.

Al

I ended up figuring this out on my own. Since I had finished translating using Wordfast Pro 3, all I had was TXML files. I also had the monolingual SDLXLIFF files the client sent (which I could not open with Wordfast). I read in these forums that memoQ handles SDLXLIFF files well so I created a mock project and imported the SDLXLIFF files and their corresponding TXML files. I created a mock TM for this project and started "filling it" with the finished TU's from the TXML's. Once I confirmed all these segments, the TM had all the information I needed. Later, I opened the SDLXLIFF files (in Spanish) and inserted all the "hits" from the TM. It needed some editing here and there, but I got it done. Once again, I confirmed all the segments and exported these as SDLXLIFF files ready to be delivered to the client.

[Edited at 2015-12-03 15:35 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXML to SDLXLIFF

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »