Getting rid of tags in Wordfastpro (7)
Thread poster: Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Local time: 08:52
Japanese to English
Mar 17, 2022

I'm working in Wordfast pro 7 Mac with a Powerpoint file. But for some reason there are so many tags it is unreadable. I try to click remove tags for the document, but nothing. Any suggestions???

Daniel Fernandes
Daniel Fernandes  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:52
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Do not remove tags Mar 17, 2022

Hi Shawn,

I can't tell how Wordfast Pro would remove tags. However, what I can tell is that removing tags will negatively impact the layout of the file - in particular a PPT file.
If the amount of tags is really annoying you, you could ask for the agency for a better file. This kind of demanding is more complicated if it's a direct client.

Here's what I do:

If it's a small file (say 5-10 slides) I would open the file and cut & paste only text (keybo
... See more
Hi Shawn,

I can't tell how Wordfast Pro would remove tags. However, what I can tell is that removing tags will negatively impact the layout of the file - in particular a PPT file.
If the amount of tags is really annoying you, you could ask for the agency for a better file. This kind of demanding is more complicated if it's a direct client.

Here's what I do:

If it's a small file (say 5-10 slides) I would open the file and cut & paste only text (keyboard shortcut for this usually is ctrl-x & ctrl-shift-V), and fix where bold, italics, color etc was lost.

If it's a large file - more than 10 slides up to +100 slides - I would move all tags to the end of the segment if the string or paragraph doesn't have formats (bold, italics, color, etc).
If the paragraph has formats, I'd arrange the tags accordingly.

I noticed it happens when the file is a converted file. I once received a file where every space had a format change, which became a tag in OmegaT...

Hope it's clear.

Good luck.
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:52
English to Russian
Tag Cleaner for PowerPoint Mar 17, 2022

You can use TransTools
Here is their download page: https://www.translatortools.net/downloads
Some apps may be free until nowadays. I am not sure. Try them. However even the paid version is only $25 for a bunch of useful tools.
Ah, he
... See more
You can use TransTools
Here is their download page: https://www.translatortools.net/downloads
Some apps may be free until nowadays. I am not sure. Try them. However even the paid version is only $25 for a bunch of useful tools.
Ah, here you are: 45-day fully-functional trial. No banking details are required.

[Edited at 2022-03-17 11:02 GMT]
Collapse

Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting rid of tags in Wordfastpro (7)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »