Discussion for SDL Trados Virtual event: Learn, discover & train with SDL experts session (2012): Bringing your Past into your Future: Building your Translation Memory
Isabelle F. BRUCHER (X)
Isabelle F. BRUCHER (X)  Identity Verified
Բելգիա
Local time: 06:25
անգլերենից ֆրանսերեն
+ ...
Joint ventures with dictionary editors badly needed, I think. May 17, 2012

I hope SDL intends to create joint ventures with dictionary editors (www.lerobert.com, www.vandale.com, etc.) so that these would create ready-to-use dictionaries in Termbase form. I am spending my life copying dictionaries into Multiterm Termbases and have never translated as slowly as with Trados Studio. Would other translators... See more
I hope SDL intends to create joint ventures with dictionary editors (www.lerobert.com, www.vandale.com, etc.) so that these would create ready-to-use dictionaries in Termbase form. I am spending my life copying dictionaries into Multiterm Termbases and have never translated as slowly as with Trados Studio. Would other translators be ready to buy such products? (please discuss here)

[Edited at 2012-05-17 15:57 GMT]
▲ Collapse


 
Capitefactum
Capitefactum
Գերմանիա
Local time: 06:25
անգլերենից գերմաներեն
+ ...
Good point Jun 20, 2012

Hi Isabelle,
I fully agree with you - it would be really helpful to gain access to professional dictionaries in termbase format, rather than having translators (like me) build such termbases on an individual basis. Same applies for AutoSuggest Termbases..


 
Henrique Silva
Henrique Silva  Identity Verified
Բրազիլիա
Local time: 01:25
անգլերենից պորտուգալերեն
Termbases Jun 20, 2012

I know some people are selling already-made translation bases on different issues

 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Այս ֆորումի մոդերատորները
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for SDL Trados Virtual event: Learn, discover & train with SDL experts session (2012): Bringing your Past into your Future: Building your Translation Memory






Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »