Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:03
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 10, 2013

Hello
I'm looking for a notebook/ultrabook to replace my current ASUS. Does anybody has a suggetion about a very light 13" notebook which has good performance?

Thanks
Lucia

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 02:03
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
... Apr 10, 2013

2 yesrs ago i won this one (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/UL30Vt/) on ProZ. Light, cool to touch... I think they have something newer in the line now.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 01:03
French to English
+ ...
Performance is rarely an issue Apr 10, 2013

If you are going to use it for transation work, then virtually all current notebook models have more than enough performance. A much more serious question is reliability - if your livelihood depends on your computer, you don't want it to die unexpectedly, especially if you work on the road. Apart from special ruggedized notebooks (which are probably an overkill in your case), one of the most reliable and sturdy product lines on today's market is Lenovo Thinkpad. With your requirements, you'll be... See more
If you are going to use it for transation work, then virtually all current notebook models have more than enough performance. A much more serious question is reliability - if your livelihood depends on your computer, you don't want it to die unexpectedly, especially if you work on the road. Apart from special ruggedized notebooks (which are probably an overkill in your case), one of the most reliable and sturdy product lines on today's market is Lenovo Thinkpad. With your requirements, you'll be probably looking at Series X - check out e.g. Thinkpad X1 Carbon.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ultra-light notebook

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »