RESOLVED: Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection.
Thread poster: Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson
Kathleen Misson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:58
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Oct 19, 2022

Hello,

I have used Language Terminal to convert an indd file into the compatible format. I have translated the document in MemoQ and now when I try to export it, I receive this error message.

Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection.

Anyone know the solution?

I tried shutting down virus protection.

I am at home so there is no other firewall.

Thank you.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:58
Danish to English
+ ...
Backup? Oct 19, 2022

Once a day, memoQ servers run backup and they don't tell you but instead show you this misleading error message. It takes about 15 minutes. It could be something else, of course.

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestion. Oct 19, 2022

I've been trying several times since yesterday, so I don't think it's this.

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Once a day, memoQ servers run backup and they don't tell you but instead show you this misleading error message. It takes about 15 minutes. It could be something else, of course.

Kathleen Misson
Spain
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
RESOLVED Oct 19, 2022

I exported the file as mqxlz, which can be converted back to indd on the Language Terminal website.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

RESOLVED: Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »