Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Are you currently learning a new language?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
LIZ LI
LIZ LI  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:40
French to Chinese
+ ...
Brazilian Portuguese and Japanese Jul 24, 2020

Brazilian Portuguese - professional purpose, extremely high demand in this pair both in translation and interpretation.

Japanese - was planning to visit Japan this year but have to reschedule it, just for leisure and basic dialogues when travelling there.
One of my classmate in the master program is Japanese, married to a French gentleman and lived in Beijing. She seemed to have no problem understanding (guessing) the essential meanings in a newspaper printed in Chinese though
... See more
Brazilian Portuguese - professional purpose, extremely high demand in this pair both in translation and interpretation.

Japanese - was planning to visit Japan this year but have to reschedule it, just for leisure and basic dialogues when travelling there.
One of my classmate in the master program is Japanese, married to a French gentleman and lived in Beijing. She seemed to have no problem understanding (guessing) the essential meanings in a newspaper printed in Chinese though she never learned it.
Collapse

Sundar Gopalakrishnan
expressisverbis

bishan sharma
bishan sharma  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:10
English to Japanese
+ ...
French Jul 24, 2020

Well, it was in 2007 that I started to learn French officially i.e. I joined the classes at Alliance Française de Delhi and started the long journey. I can say that I was/am/and will be learning French. This is because I am most interested in the spoken part of the language and living here in New Delhi it is utmost difficult to grab the opportunities to speak and practice French. Wish me luck!

Sundar Gopalakrishnan
expressisverbis

Aleksandar Bošnjak (X)
Aleksandar Bošnjak (X)
Serbia
Local time: 12:40
English to Serbo-Croat
Every day Jul 24, 2020

I started learning Spanish and Romanian a few months ago, I am amazed by how beautiful those languages sound.

Every day one should set aside at least one hour for learning a new language.

[Edited at 2020-07-24 15:39 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-07-24 15:49 GMT]

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 11:40
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nice option! Jul 24, 2020

LIZ LI wrote:

One of my classmate in the master program is Japanese, married to a French gentleman and lived in Beijing. She seemed to have no problem understanding (guessing) the essential meanings in a newspaper printed in Chinese though she never learned it.

Brazilian Portuguese will be easier for you!

Yi Wang
Yi Wang
Australia
Local time: 20:40
Learning Japanese Jul 24, 2020

I am trying to learn Japanese but find there are a lot to learn. Japanese has katakana and Hiragana,which is originally from one of Chinese calligraphy named Cursive. Many characters of Hiragana are the same as or similar with Chinese characters.

expressisverbis

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:40
French to English
Icelandic Jul 24, 2020

I haven't yet progressed past the pronunciation guide...

expressisverbis

Karen Fabiano
Karen Fabiano
Brazil
Local time: 07:40
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Italian and Japanese Jul 24, 2020

I'm learning Italian and Japanese with videos on youtube and free websites.

expressisverbis

Jocelin Meunier
Jocelin Meunier  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Japanese Jul 24, 2020

I actually graduated in English and Japanese but couldn't use Japanese yet, and only got work in English. So for a year I've been working a lot to re-learn everything I forgot, strengthen the basics and train for the JLPT. If I can get level 1, I'll be confident enough to propose it.

expressisverbis

Mina Fayek
Mina Fayek  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:40
English to Arabic
+ ...
Several But Taking A Long Break Now Jul 25, 2020

French, Italian, Portuguese, German, Russian, Polish, Greek and Latin.

expressisverbis
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei

Aurélie TRAPP
Aurélie TRAPP  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Swedish Jul 26, 2020

I’ve decided to refresh and improve on my Swedish, I started to learn a while ago and which has remained on a beginner’s level, even though I’m quite eager to watch any film or series in Swedish, Dutch or Norwegian.

expressisverbis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Are you currently learning a new language?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »