Շարքի հրապարակողը: Adriana Johnston
Adriana Johnston
Adriana Johnston  Identity Verified
Միացյալ Նահանգներ
Local time: 03:50
անգլերենից իսպաներեն
+ ...
Jan 18, 2008

Hello, I am not sure if I am posting in the right spot, but I would like to know how I can ask a question in the blue board
Thanks,

A. Johnston

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-01-18 13:18]

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
գերմաներենից անգլերեն
Blue Board Jan 18, 2008

The Blue Board is for posting feedback on outsourcers you have worked for, by giving them a rating. Paying members have unlimited access to the Blue Board and non-paying members have to use Browniz to access it, as far as I know.

If you have any questions regarding jobs or the Blue Board you can post them in this forum, and one of the jobs moderators will probably reply. You can also contact a moderator directly. You can find a list of moderators if you click on "moderators" under
... See more
The Blue Board is for posting feedback on outsourcers you have worked for, by giving them a rating. Paying members have unlimited access to the Blue Board and non-paying members have to use Browniz to access it, as far as I know.

If you have any questions regarding jobs or the Blue Board you can post them in this forum, and one of the jobs moderators will probably reply. You can also contact a moderator directly. You can find a list of moderators if you click on "moderators" under the "community" tab on the top of the home page.

Hope this helps.

Niraja.

[Edited at 2008-01-18 13:35]
Collapse

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:50
ֆրանսերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Ի հիշատակ
Call for entries? Jan 18, 2008

Niraja Nanjundan wrote:

If you have any questions regarding jobs or the Blue Board you can post them in this forum, and one of the jobs moderators will probably reply. You can also contact a moderator directly. You can find a list of moderators if you click on "moderators" under the "community" tab on the top of the home page.

Hope this helps.

Niraja.

[Edited at 2008-01-18 13:35]

I think I'm right in saying that you can't enter questions about outsourcers in the Blue Board and you can't ask about an outsourcer by name in the forums. To obtain information about an outsourcer you have to post a "call for entries" in the Blue Board facility.
Am I wrong?
Regards,
Jenny

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Լատվիա
Local time: 11:50
Անդամ (2003)
անգլերենից լատվիերեն
+ ...
You are right Jan 18, 2008

You can make a call for entries for outsourcers listed in the BB (provided none has been made within last month- one call per month is permitted in order not to flood mailboxes of members who have opted to receive these calls).

If the outsourcer is not listed in the BB, you can add it there (please note that full outsourcer's contact information is needed for that, not only the name).

HTH,

Uldis

Jenny Forbes wrote:
I think I'm right in saying that you can't enter questions about outsourcers in the Blue Board and you can't ask about an outsourcer by name in the forums. To obtain information about an outsourcer you have to post a "call for entries" in the Blue Board facility.
Am I wrong?
Regards,
Jenny

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
ֆրանսերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
So what if... Jan 18, 2008

Taking this further, I wanted to post a query about an outsourcer on the Blue Board recently and wasn't sure how to go about it either. I'd received a request to do a trial translation for this agency and although it has a good score on the Blue Board and mainly good comments, apart from the latest about poor payment practices, I noticed (having agreed to do the trial!) that there was a (not very obvious) notice at the top of the page saying that the agency in question had been banned from posti... See more
Taking this further, I wanted to post a query about an outsourcer on the Blue Board recently and wasn't sure how to go about it either. I'd received a request to do a trial translation for this agency and although it has a good score on the Blue Board and mainly good comments, apart from the latest about poor payment practices, I noticed (having agreed to do the trial!) that there was a (not very obvious) notice at the top of the page saying that the agency in question had been banned from posting jobs on ProZ. I should love to know why as that may influence whether I proceed with this test. Is there any way I can find out? I feel as though I've only got half the story!Collapse

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Լատվիա
Local time: 11:50
Անդամ (2003)
անգլերենից լատվիերեն
+ ...
That says it, doesn't it? Jan 18, 2008

Claire Cox wrote:
I noticed (having agreed to do the trial!) that there was a (not very obvious) notice at the top of the page saying that the agency in question had been banned from posting jobs on ProZ. I should love to know why as that may influence whether I proceed with this test.

But of course, it is up to you to take the decision, you have been informed.

Is there any way I can find out? I feel as though I've only got half the story!

Such bans has nothing to with how many "fives" outsourcer has. The bans are placed in accordance with ProZ.com Termination policies

http://www.proz.com/termination_policy

and stays in place until *ALL* outstanding payment claims are settled.

Uldis

[Rediģēts plkst. 2008-01-18 18:34]

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
ֆրանսերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Thanks Uldis Jan 18, 2008

Thanks, Uldis - I didn't know how to find out what the grounds for such a ban might be. On that basis, I shall definitely decline the opportunity!

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
ֆրանսերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Ի հիշատակ
Contact the person who made the entry Jan 19, 2008

Claire Cox wrote:

Thanks, Uldis - I didn't know how to find out what the grounds for such a ban might be. On that basis, I shall definitely decline the opportunity!

I suppose you could also contact the person who made the adverse entry personally and ask for more information. I have occasionally received such contacts.
Best wishes,
Jenny.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Այս ֆորումի մոդերատորները
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to post a query on the Blue Board

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »