Thread poster: LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:28
Russian to English
+ ...
Dec 26, 2015

Hi, can someone help me with this problem in the Holiday season. I cannot open one site with any browser, just one site. A white page appears when I try accessing it. The site did not do anything unusual because I asked them, and it is up because I checked. There are sites which tell you that. I read a little bit about the problem on the internet. I cleaned the cache and reset the browser.

I personally suspect some IT company did it, as I was criticizing most automatic prediction pr
... See more
Hi, can someone help me with this problem in the Holiday season. I cannot open one site with any browser, just one site. A white page appears when I try accessing it. The site did not do anything unusual because I asked them, and it is up because I checked. There are sites which tell you that. I read a little bit about the problem on the internet. I cleaned the cache and reset the browser.

I personally suspect some IT company did it, as I was criticizing most automatic prediction programs and CAT software when it happened. Something like that happened twice before but then just some viruses where launched and two of my PCs crashed. I am serious. This time they must have blocked my access. Can anyone help me with that. There may be some solution. After the Holidays I can find out who did it, and sue them, but right now, I really need help. Thank you for all suggestions.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Which page? Dec 26, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:
I cannot open one site with any browser, just one site.

There can be any of a hundred reasons for it. Unless you tell us what the site is, we can't even begin to troubleshoot your problem, I'm afraid.

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 22:28
English to German
Strange suspicion. Other causes are very probable. Dec 26, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:

The site did not do anything unusual because I asked them, and it is up because I checked. There are sites which tell you that.

??? From a technical point of view it is impossible to check whether a certain site is accessible from a certain location, except from that very location (= your location).

I personally suspect some IT company did it, as I was criticizing most automatic prediction programs and CAT software when it happened.

??? Sounds like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat
Otherwise you must be a very important person because its is very costly & unusual to block a certain person's access this way.

Thank you for all suggestions

Attempt #1
Power down your equipment including modem, router etc. completely, i. e. don't just switch to standby, sleep etc. mode. Then wait 5 minutes.

Attempt #2:
If you have a private WLAN, try the access using a smartphone or a tablet via that very WLAN. If that works, your PC is probably infected, misconfigurated or uses an outdated browser.

Attempt #3:
Run a complete virus check.

Attempt #4:
Reload a full system restore from a backup media. You have none? Um ...

Attempt #5:
Try an independent software: Boot from an USB stick or DVD containing a clean stand-alone system, downloadable e. g. at www.ubuntu.com, then use that system's browser. If you don't know how to do that, you'll need professional help on site.

I can find out who did it, and sue them

Blueeyedness is a bad counselor. How to get the info needed? How to furnish any proof?

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The home page and any other page Dec 26, 2015

It happened about three days ago. I tried many things but nothing works.

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:28
English to Spanish
... Dec 26, 2015

I experienced a few times a similar problem at the same time as Lilian did, but it has cleared now.

Every time I tried to perform a search, an alert page appeared with a text along the lines of "web site not safe".

For what it is worth, my home page is Google Search.

[Edited at 2015-12-27 16:40 GMT]

LilianNekipelov
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Insecure connection Dec 27, 2015

that it what it says, site shows no name and is stealling your secure information such as credit card numbers, passwords and search history. It is impossible having known the site. I lowered all my security requirements and still nothing. Any suggestion, please.

Miguel Carmona
Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:28
English to Spanish
... Dec 27, 2015

LilianNekipelov wrote:

Insecure connection

that it what it says

Unfortunately I do not recall exactly what the alert message said in my case, but I remember it showed the image of a shield with a big "X" on it, on a red background.

I hope you will find the solution to such an annoying problem.

Rodrigo Castillo H.
Rodrigo Castillo H.
Chile
Local time: 18:28
English to Spanish
Other possible cause Dec 28, 2015

It is possible that the site is triggering your browser's smart filter. Modern browsers have a feature which blocks sites which might do bad things to your computer. This usually works by detecting suspicious code in the page. Maybe you're using a CMS (e.g. Wordpress, Joomla, etc.) or Javascript code on your site that is triggering the filter.
This might also occur if your antivirus or antimalware has malicious website protection.
Have you checked whether you can access the site from
... See more
It is possible that the site is triggering your browser's smart filter. Modern browsers have a feature which blocks sites which might do bad things to your computer. This usually works by detecting suspicious code in the page. Maybe you're using a CMS (e.g. Wordpress, Joomla, etc.) or Javascript code on your site that is triggering the filter.
This might also occur if your antivirus or antimalware has malicious website protection.
Have you checked whether you can access the site from another PC (ideally in a different network?
Regards.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML ERROR

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »