Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:42
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2015

Hello
I've received a ttx file with colored segments. It seems there is a tag for color/font in tag editor.

I pre-translated the file as usual, and I opened it in WF. In WF there aren't the tags which I view in tag editor.
I translated it and saved translated file as.
The file is perfectly translated but the colored segments are black as all other segments.
Is there a way to add a tag to match the colored segments? Maybe a filter or a tag? Or a INI file as u
... See more
Hello
I've received a ttx file with colored segments. It seems there is a tag for color/font in tag editor.

I pre-translated the file as usual, and I opened it in WF. In WF there aren't the tags which I view in tag editor.
The file is perfectly translated but the colored segments are black as all other segments.
Is there a way to add a tag to match the colored segments? Maybe a filter or a tag? Or a INI file as used in tag editor?

Thanks for your help.
Lucia
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 03:42
English to Thai
+ ...
TTX file in MS Word Sep 21, 2015

Lucia Me wrote:

Is there a way to add a tag to match the colored segments? Maybe a filter or a tag? Or a INI file as used in tag editor?

Lucia

Since TTX file is coded text file, it can be opened in MS Word.
Using a special software [I have one copy--in Word template] or [old fashioned] Trados on Word, tags are shown in color where you can edit conveniently.
The simplest method is open TTX as text file in Word and change color of tags you want with the classic function of Find/Replace. It never affect the TTX file functions if you save again as text file.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating ttx file with WF pro 3.4.4

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »