Now that is an idea, if of course you haven't already bought them all yourself

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:08
German to English
+ ...
This is the one I have Apr 27, 2012

http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/advantage.htm

It's not for everyone - I wouldn't recommend this keyboard for someone who has to work with a lot of numbers unless they got the separate number pad, for instance (look at the layout to see why). And as I said, there is definitely a learning curve. But for me, after the learning curve was over and I was "retrained," it really helped me.

James (Jim) Davis
James (Jim) Davis  Identity Verified
Seychelles
Local time: 18:08
Member (2022)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
@Dainas Apr 27, 2012

Thanks Dainas it is tempting

Daina Jauntirans
Daina Jauntirans  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:08
German to English
+ ...
Hey, Jim - May 29, 2012

What did you end up getting?

James (Jim) Davis
James (Jim) Davis  Identity Verified
Seychelles
Local time: 18:08
Member (2022)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
@Dainas May 29, 2012

I'm still wearing out the old one. Still finishing my annual bunch of urgent financial reports. Not the time to start on a learning curve.
Jim

IrimiConsulting
IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:08
Member (2010)
English to Swedish
+ ...
I can vouch for the Microsoft 4000 keyboard May 29, 2012

When I started out I bought a cheap keyboard which was way too small for my big hands. The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (full name) is eons ahead. I can type a whole day and not feel any strain at all in my wrists, fingers or forearms. Get one if you touch-type.

If or when it wears out I might try a Kinesis keyboard instead. It sucks that ergonomic keyboards are being phased out by some manufacturers.

Frédéric Aubert
Frédéric Aubert  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:08
English to French
back to the basics Mar 6, 2013

A few weeks ago I started thinking about the fundamentals of our trade and what could be done there to improve productivity... And since everything we do goes through the human-machine interface called keyboard, I started looking at what existed beyond the ordinary.

And down the rabbit hole I went.

After obsessing about what to get for a long time, I settled for a mechanical keyboard with Cherry mx-brown switches.
I cannot emphasize enough how good this thing is
... See more
A few weeks ago I started thinking about the fundamentals of our trade and what could be done there to improve productivity... And since everything we do goes through the human-machine interface called keyboard, I started looking at what existed beyond the ordinary.

And down the rabbit hole I went.

After obsessing about what to get for a long time, I settled for a mechanical keyboard with Cherry mx-brown switches.
I cannot emphasize enough how good this thing is. What is important, I think, is not so much the gain in productivity (although you can easily gain 5-10 words per minute), but the feeling of pure satisfaction you get each time you press a key on a quality piece of equipment you've spent serveral days choosing.

I can't wait to start working every day. How nice is that?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ergonomic keyboards discontinued

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »