This mouse...
Շարքի հրապարակողը: Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Սլովենիա
Local time: 23:00
անգլերենից սլովեներեն
+ ...
Oct 8, 2025

Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?


 
Daryo
Daryo
Local time: 22:00
սերբերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
It's rarely worth the effort. Oct 8, 2025

Gregor Trebec wrote:

Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?


You could try to tinker with it, but it's rarely worth the effort. Much simpler to get another mouse - preferably with good ergonomics.


IrinaN (X)
 
IrinaN (X)
IrinaN (X)
Միացյալ Նահանգներ
Local time: 16:00
անգլերենից ռուսերեն
+ ...
Why don't you give it Oct 8, 2025

A proper burial?

Gregor Trebec
Joanna Posylek
mk_lab
Kardas Tradu
 
Gregor Trebec
Gregor Trebec
Սլովենիա
Local time: 23:00
անգլերենից սլովեներեն
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This mouse... Oct 9, 2025

IrinaN wrote:

A proper burial?


and a proper speech...


IrinaN (X)
Kardas Tradu
 
Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Չիլի
Local time: 18:00
իսպաներենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Better still ... Oct 9, 2025

IrinaN wrote:

A proper burial?


Recycle it.


 
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Local time: 22:00
անգլերենից իտալերեն
+ ...
Try... Oct 9, 2025

with a bit of cheese.

Joanna Posylek
Sebastian Witte
IrinaN (X)
Maria Laura Curzi
 
kd42
kd42
Էստոնիա
Local time: 00:00
անգլերենից ռուսերեն
Yes, you should. Oct 11, 2025

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


 
WolfgangS
WolfgangS
Ֆրանսիա
Local time: 23:00
անգլերենից գերմաներեն
+ ...
Or... Oct 11, 2025

kd42 wrote:

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


get a Magic Mouse from Apple, expensive, but no wheels or any mechanical parts, it all works with finger gestures.


 
kd42
kd42
Էստոնիա
Local time: 00:00
անգլերենից ռուսերեն
The point is Oct 14, 2025

WolfgangS wrote:

kd42 wrote:

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


get a Magic Mouse from Apple, expensive, but no wheels or any mechanical parts, it all works with finger gestures.


The main point is to stick to the old mouse to which your hand is used. It's like old shoes/jeans/your_variant.
New mouse, even "magic", "Apple", "expensive" may not fit. I gave away a few new mice after trying them, after which I bought a pack of microswitches online, and now I solder in a new one when necessary (did it twice).


 
Rachel Waddington
Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
Մեծ Բրիտանիա
Local time: 22:00
հոլանդերենից անգլերեն
+ ...
Expensive mice Oct 14, 2025

kd42 wrote:

WolfgangS wrote:

kd42 wrote:

Gregor Trebec wrote:
Oy!
I got this 3-4 years old mouse that its wheel won't scroll up nor down. It scrolls for half turn and than scrolling gets hard, impossible.
Should i open and clean the wheel?

You should google for instructions or find a video in YT and fix it.


get a Magic Mouse from Apple, expensive, but no wheels or any mechanical parts, it all works with finger gestures.


The main point is to stick to the old mouse to which your hand is used. It's like old shoes/jeans/your_variant.
New mouse, even "magic", "Apple", "expensive" may not fit. I gave away a few new mice after trying them, after which I bought a pack of microswitches online, and now I solder in a new one when necessary (did it twice).


I've got a box full of fancy mice on my shelf and I've ended up using quite a basic one

[Edited at 2025-10-14 13:01 GMT]


Maria Laura Curzi
kd42
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Այս ֆորումի մոդերատորները
Natalie[Call to this topic]
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This mouse...






Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »